Summers are almost here, the season of warm breezes and scorching heat. As the temperature rises, we often switch to refreshing and moisturizing drinks to quench our thirst. While water will keep you hydrated, there are many drinks out there that can help you recharge your batteries as they have a cooling effect on the body. One of the drinks that act as a great thirst quencher is sattu, which is made by roasting and grounding kala chana (bengal grams). Also Read – Strengthen Your Diet With Legumes And Legumes, An Extremely Nutritious Food
If you are from the states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar or Madhya Pradesh, Sattu is no stranger to you. It’s a great source of protein and is also known as poor man protein. Not just protein, but fiber, carbohydrates, iron, calcium, and many vitamins and minerals, according to NDTV. It is considered the best drink against the heat and can be consumed in many ways. It is mostly consumed as a sorbet with a pinch of lemon, cumin and black salt. Also Read – Coffee Side Effects: Stop Consuming The Drink If You Are Having These Health Issues
5 Reasons You Should Add Sattu to Your Daily Diet During Summer:
– – Weight loss: If you want to shed those extra pounds, switch to Sattu. Having sattu on an empty stomach will help fight gas, improve metabolism, and help with calorie burning too. Also Read – Shweta Tiwari’s Weight Loss Journey: 40-Year-Old Actor Loses 10kg, Looks Fabulous
– – Improves digestion: First thing in the morning, take a glass of Sattu sorbet on an empty stomach. It improves digestive tract function as the salt, iron, and fiber in the sattu can improve bowel movements, according to Healthshots.
– – Cooling effect on the body: The blazing heat can release the energy, drink sattu as it acts as a great thirst quencher and can make you feel energized.
– – Improves blood sugar levels: Since sattu has a low glycemic index and high fiber content, it will keep your blood sugar levels under control. It’s not that, it will control your cholesterol levels.
– – Washes out toxins: Sattu can detoxify your body. By consuming it regularly, you are indirectly protecting your body from various health problems.
Did you know that Sattu is gluten free and has a positive effect on your bone health? It’s not, the power of protein also helps women during their menstrual period.