Police Arrest Connecticut Dad Accused of Killing Child Daughter – NBC Connecticut

The Naugatuck father accused of killing his 11-month-old daughter has been taken into custody, police said.

Waterbury Police arrested Christopher Francisquini around 3pm on Friday afternoon

Francisquini has been on the run for two weeks. He is accused of killing his young daughter, Camilla Francisquini. He was taken into custody in the 400 Grand St. area.

Francisquini’s capture is a clear example of what can be achieved when community members work with law enforcement to get dangerous individuals off the streets. Within 28 hours of appealing to the public for help, he was taken into custody without incident and is now facing trial.

– Naugatuck Police Dept. (@Naugy_PD) December 2, 2022

Naugatuck Police said Camilla Francisquini was choked, stabbed and dismembered on November 18. Authorities have obtained an arrest warrant accusing her father of murder under special circumstances and risk of harming a minor. Bond for him was set at $5 million.

In a news conference Friday night, police said Francisquini’s arrest was a “direct consequence of the community”.

Police said a concerned citizen called the anonymous hotline, leading to Francisquini’s arrest. Responding officers engaged in dialogue with him and he was eventually arrested without incident at a bus stop in the area.

The caller told police that Francisquini had changed his appearance but was still recognizable.

Police described the murder as heinous and appalling.

Police Chief Colin McAllister said officers had been working non-stop for the past two weeks to bring baby Camilla justice.

“[These officers] will carry that suitcase with her for the rest of her life,” McAllister said.

He hopes the community will be relieved. McAllister said he wanted to reassure people that Francisquini would not be released and that he was facing a number of charges.

“We hope so [the community] can breathe a sigh of relief to know that this violent criminal has been taken into custody,” said the police chief.

Camilla would have turned one year old this Saturday. Police released video of the arrest, which can be seen here.

Francisquini will appear in court on Monday.

Comments are closed.