Headaches are a common condition that can really disrupt your everyday life. Instead of medication, here are 8 effective home remedies to prevent headaches:
1. Drink water: Humidity has been found to relieve headaches in dehydrated people in 30 minutes to three hours.
2. Limit Your Alcohol: Studies have shown that alcohol can cause tension and cluster headaches.
3. Get Enough Sleep: One study found that those who slept less than six hours had more frequent and severe headaches.
4. Avoid foods with histamine: Consuming histamine, which is found in foods such as aged cheese, fermented foods, and sausages, can cause migraines in some people.
5. Use essential oils: Peppermint and lavender oils have been shown to be particularly helpful in relieving headaches.
6. Use a cold compress: Applying a compress to your neck or face can reduce inflammation and narrow blood vessels, which will reduce your headache.
7. Relax with Yoga: Yoga has been found to significantly reduce the symptoms, severity, and frequency of headaches.
8. Drink ginger tea: Its antioxidants and anti-inflammatory substances can help reduce common headache symptoms like nausea and vomiting.