New Delhi: Weight loss is a gradual process that should be done with the help of healthy and sustained efforts so that it is long-term.
Various trend diets promote a faster way to lose weight, which entails a large loss of nutrients for the body, which in turn causes health problems. Nutrition experts therefore recommend eating a balanced diet, exercising and making some lifestyle changes to help you reach your goal weight.
One of the best ways to maintain weight loss is by consuming kokum, a lesser-known citrus fruit that also helps improve flavor when added to various cuisines.
Know why eating THESE seeds is good for your health
Weight Loss Tips You MUST Ignore Completely
Primarily grown in the coastal Malabar region of India, kokum is a tart fruit loaded with the goodness of hydroxyl citric acid, vitamin C, and antioxidants that boost the immune system and metabolism.
Let’s look at the different ways Kokum burns body fat:
- Kokum supports digestion in the body and combats unpleasant and irritable conditions such as flatulence, hyperacidity, indigestion and constipation. It aids in the rapid digestion of food by helping the stomach release digestive acids that break down food, which is key to losing weight quickly.
- Hydroxyl acid found in kokum is a well-known appetite suppressant that helps reduce cravings and untimely hunger, leaving you feeling full for most of the day. The acid also aids in fat loss along with weight loss making it long term.
- Kokum is packed with antioxidants that help get rid of inflammation in the body that leads to obesity and many other ailments.
- Kokum also helps in the synthesis of fatty acids, thus limiting the accumulation of fats in the body.
- Since it’s not very sweet, kokum helps convert calories into glycogen.
- The presence of vitamin C in kokum helps in preventing the growth of infection spreading cells. It helps eliminate the free radicals that cause oxidative stress.
- Aside from that, kokum also helps reduce anxiety, calm the mind, and reduce stress. It increases the level of serotonin in the body and makes you cheerful and happy.
Indigestion, Bloating and More: 5 Ways Digestive Issues Can Affect Sex Drive
Learn how eating on time can help with your weight loss
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions mentioned in this article are for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a nutritionist before beginning any fitness program or changing your diet.