Inexperienced tea and different meals which are standard for weight reduction however by no means provide help to drop some weight
- Green tea offers several health benefits, but not weight loss
- The same applies to apple cider vinegar and coconut oil
- Creating a calorie deficit is key to losing weight
Do you drink green tea thinking that it can help you lose weight? Then you will be surprised what we will reveal in this article. Yes, there are several benefits associated with drinking green tea. The soothing drink contains beneficial antioxidants that can reduce free radical damage, reduce inflammation, and much more. A recent study published in the journal Nature Communications found that green tea can increase levels of a natural anti-cancer protein that is known to repair DNA and destroy cancer cells.
Can Green Tea Help You Lose Weight?
Despite several benefits, it’s not true to say that green tea can help you lose weight. Dr. Sidhant Bhargava, a nutritionist and health expert, recently spoke on Instagram about three things that are popular to help you lose weight but will never help you lose weight.
Also Read: Air Pollution: Green Tea And Other Drinks That Can Heal Your Lungs Naturally
Foods That Will Never Help You Lose Weight
- One of those three things, of course, is green tea. In his Insta Reels, he mentions that when you drink green tea, you will only lose weight if you drink more than 20 cups a day. And of course that is not possible.
- The other thing that is popular to help you lose weight but never help you lose weight is apple cider vinegar. As shocking as it sounds, yes, apple cider vinegar won’t help you lose weight, claims Dr. Bhargava. It can improve your skin and hair, but it certainly won’t help you lose weight.
- Finally, coconut oil is the third food that won’t help you lose weight. It is a healthier edible oil compared to vegetable oil or refined oil, but it is a source of fat and high in calories.
Also Read: Oil Pulling Benefits: Why You Should Sweat and Spit With Coconut / Sesame Oil Every Morning
The basis of weight loss is to create a calorie deficit, which means that you burn more calories than you burn in a day. “Remember, losing weight is all about creating a calorie deficit. No ingredient can single-handedly help you lose pounds,” says Dr. Bhargava.
It needs to be a combination of a healthy and nutritious diet while practicing portion control and regular and consistent exercise. Be physically active throughout the day, quit smoking and drinking alcohol, sleep well, and be less stressful. All of this together contributes to effective and sustainable weight loss.
Also Read: Weight Loss: Our Expert Shares 7 Effective Ways To Curb Unhealthy Food Cravings
(Dr. Sidhant Bhargava, MBBS, food, lifestyle, wellness)
Disclaimer: This content, including advice, contains general information only. It is in no way a substitute for a qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV is not responsible for this information.