12 home remedies for high blood pressure
Hypertension, also known as high blood pressure, is becoming a common problem among people. Tight schedules, long office hours and bad eating habits often cause many people to fall victim to many mental and physical problems. While a person’s blood pressure changes throughout the day, it usually spikes when a person is taking on a lot of stress and pressure or not eating a healthy diet. When blood pressure gets too high or stays high for a long time, it leads to serious health problems such as kidney failure, heart attack or stroke.
Therefore, it is important to maintain normal blood pressure. Here are 12 home remedies to help fight high blood pressure as suggested by Dr. Blossom Kochhar proposed.
- A good hand massage can relieve a lot of tension and stress. Apply a good hand cream with essential oils such as lavender, neroli or rose, apply a generous amount and slowly massage into both hands. Be sure to massage each finger and wrist as well.
- Practice yoga regularly, it will help you channel your chakras and align your thoughts.
- Scatter a few drops of lavender essential oil on your pillow at bedtime to help you get a good night’s sleep.
- Soak your feet in warm water at least once a day, preferably in the second half of the day, add some rock salt and a few drops of lavender oil. Post this and do a quick foot massage.
- A good head massage can relieve all your tension and stress. Remember to use a little warm oil and massage it into your hair. Squeeze your pupil a little harder than the others and all the stress will be stored there. Also, don’t forget about your eyebrows, which will surely bring some much-needed relief.
- Avoid eating foods, especially foods high in salt, 3 hours before bedtime.
- Try reading a book, magazine, or something interesting that will take your mind off all the tension.
- Put some potpourri in a bowl and drizzle a few drops of rose essential oil over it. Its aroma will brighten your mood and lift your spirits.
- Try to avoid alcohol and smoking after 5pm.
- Perform an extensive skincare routine to pamper yourself and feel important and in control of the situation.
- Don’t sit in the dim light and put on some music to revive your emotions.
- If you’re feeling tense, get out your running shoes and go for a walk or run for at least half an hour.
Also Read: Uric Acid Remedy: Bitter Gourd (Karela) Relieves Joint Pain. Know how to use your juice
Also Read: Vitamin D Deficiency: These 5 Alarming Signs May Put You at Risk; Know symptoms and treatment
Also Read: Why Warm Water Is The Universal Drink For Weight Loss, Know When To Drink It For Most Benefits
Latest health news