Famous nutritionist Rujluta Diwekar suggested some lifestyle changes and some home remedies to cope with UTI. Picture credits – istock
- Urinary tract infections, or commonly known as UTIs, are a big problem in women
- Bacteria in the gut are thought to be the most common cause of UTIs
- Famous nutritionist Rajluta Diwekar suggested some lifestyle changes to deal with it
The problem of women facing urinary tract infection, or commonly known as UTI, is very common in today’s world. Infection in any part of the urinary system, kidneys, bladder and urethra, UTIs can be caused by several reasons. However, bacteria are considered to be one of the most common causes of UTIs. Bacteria in the gut are thought to be the most common cause of this type of infection.
With millions of women becoming infected each year, UTI has emerged as a serious problem. If you also experience pain and itching when urinating, this article is a must for you.
Famous nutritionist Rujluta Diwekar suggested some lifestyle changes and some home remedies to deal with it.
How to deal with Rujluta Diwekar UTI?
The nutritionist suggested some ways to deal with UTIs at home. Some of them are listed below:
- It is recommended by the nutritionist not to exert pressure when peeing as people suffering from UTIs generally have difficulty peeing. Let the urine come out normally.
- One should not hold back urine as there is a lot of moisture around the urethral region which can allow bacteria to thrive, increasing the chance of infection.
- The nutritionist recommended drinking plenty of water, since the lack of water is the cause of burning and itching in the urinary tract. Make it a habit to drink 8-10 glasses of water every day.
- Drink neera or palm sap to stop the pain and burning completely and let the urine drain slowly.
- Drinking lemon water, coconut water, or sugar cane water helps flush waste products from the urinary tract. It also helps in treating urinary tract infections quickly.
- Consuming the juice of kokum, amla, bael, barash, or rhododendron provides essential vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, and antioxidants, which is good for people suffering from UTIs. It is recommended by the nutritionist to have these drinks before the evening.
- The nutritionist also recommended Kulith or Kulthi to help treat UTIs. Water made from soaked fennel seeds also helps treat UTI.
DISCLAIMER: Please seek professional advice before trying these remedies.