A mosquito bite is very itchy and uncomfortable and causes inflammatory reactions
New Delhi: Mosquitoes are vectors of various infectious diseases and diseases. Their bite is very itchy and uncomfortable, causing inflammatory reactions.
Anti-inflammatory creams and ointments will help, but you can also treat the itch with things already around the house. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Treasure: Honey has been used for centuries to treat ailments – both internal and external. It is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory and can soothe an itch after a mosquito bite. It also moisturizes the skin and makes it free from infection.
- Oats: In addition to being a healthy breakfast ingredient, oats also help in relieving swelling and itching after a mosquito bite. It has special compounds that are antibacterial and anti-irritant. Simply crush some oatmeal into a powder and mix it with water to form a paste. Apply the paste to the bitten area, leave on for 10 minutes and wash off to feel relieved and infection-free.
- Ice: Ice is a soothing component that instantly reduces inflammation and swelling. It also numbs the area by stopping the flow of infection into the blood. An ice pack can help overcome the ill effects of a mosquito bite.
- Baking powder: A staple in most kitchens, baking soda provides instant relief from mosquito bites. When the sodium bicarbonate is made into a paste with water and applied to the affected area, it can ease the after-effects of the insect bite.
- basil leaf: Basil is not only a flavor enhancer, but also a quick remedy for mosquito bites. When the basil leaf is coarsely crushed, compounds are released that have antibacterial and healing properties. It helps stop the further spread of infection and reduces inflammation. It is an antioxidant and makes the skin smooth and infection-free.
- Chamomile: Chamomile has a very soothing effect on mosquito bites. Take a chamomile tea bag, keep it in the freezer for some time and apply it to the bite site when it is cold. It immediately reduces swelling and itching.
- Lemon: Lemon is a natural healer as the compounds tannin and polyphenols it contains help reduce inflammation and reduce pain. It also helps reduce swelling and heal faster.
How to bathe with sunburn Tips to save yourself from a painful shower session
Use THIS magical ingredient in your skincare routine for glowing skin
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions mentioned in this article are for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a nutritionist before beginning any fitness program or changing your diet.