Dos and don’ts to know during a weight loss journey. (Photo courtesy: Pexels)
- There are certain things to consider when starting a weight loss journey.
- Nutritionist shares five dos and don’ts for losing weight the healthy way.
- Don’t think of exercise as punishment, expert suggests.
With several diet trends sweeping the internet, people struggling with weight issues have often been blindsided by strict fat loss methods. While most dieticians opt for a calorie-deficit diet, in order to lose weight in a healthy way, you have to make lifestyle changes.
When someone embarks on a weight loss journey that consists mostly of lifestyle changes, nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar shares five things to consider during your diet and five things not to do to stay fit.
“Health is multidisciplinary, it’s not a calorie equation,” she wrote in one of her Instagram posts.
5 THINGS TO DO DURING THE WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY
– Eat according to your appetite. Rujuta Diwekar recommends eating according to appetite and not skipping meals.
– Take the time to exercise. Physical activity has been linked to heart health and weight. It ensures good blood circulation in the body and keeps the metabolism going.
– Make it a priority to sleep on time. Most medical experts recommend getting at least 7 hours of sleep each night.
– Keep sustainability in mind with every choice.
– Keep enjoying every aspect of life. Rujuta Diwekar recommended spending time with friends and family. Pursuing various hobbies like traveling can keep stress at bay.
Expert recommends taking time to exercise. (Photo courtesy: Pexels)
5 THINGS NOT TO DO DURING THE WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY
– Don’t make it your only weight loss project.
– Do not view adaptation time as a failure (12 weeks for a response to sustained stimuli)
– Don’t think of exercise as punishment.
– Don’t consider food a crime.
– Don’t track every step, every calorie, every kilogram. It’s important to eat what makes you happy instead of counting the calories going into the body. Stress will only add to your problems.
Eating homemade meals, cutting down on junk food, and sleeping on time are some ways Rujuta Diwekar suggested to ensure healthy weight loss.
— END —