Do not let the dry climate take away the shine out of your lips – attempt these efficient winter lip care suggestions
Don’t let the dry weather take the shine away from your lips – Try These Effective Tips For Winter Lip Care Photo Credit: iStock Images
- Lips add to the aesthetics of the face as they are one of the most visible parts of the human face
- The skin on your lips is delicate and may require significant maintenance
- Here are some winter tips you can follow for healthy and juicy lips
New Delhi: Winter is the season of cold, yet beautiful weather. Like any other season, this season has its own set of challenges. A dry skin complaint is extremely common in people during the winter season. In winter, the moisture content of the air decreases sharply. This can be detrimental to the skin as it can be difficult to hold in a healthy amount of moisture and stay hydrated and plump. Your lips suffer a lot even in winter. Dry and chapped lips can be bothersome and require thorough treatment.
Tips for dealing with winter lip damage
Here are some tips that you can follow for treating lip damage during the winter season:
- Drink enough: The body has to compensate for the moisture loss in winter. The first step is to moisturize the body through drinking water. If you want a healthy pair of lips, make sure that you stay hydrated.
- Use a lip balm: A common but helpful suggestion to wear a chapstick and use it when necessary can largely prevent skin damage in winter. Lip balm can help keep lips moisturized for a long time. Try lip balm with no pigmentation and use lip balm with shea butter or cocoa for good results.
- Don’t lick your lips: One might choose to lick one’s lips to deal with the irritation caused by dry lips. However, doing this will further dehydrate your lips. To avoid this, try not to lick and wet your lips with saliva or water.
- Opt for home remedies: There are several ingredients in your home that you can use to take care of your skin. For example, oats and ground legumes can work as great scrubs. Ingredients like honey and aloe vera, which have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, can also help keep lips hydrated and healthy.
- Do not peel the skin: It may seem extremely tempting to peel the flaky skin off your lips. However, this can lead to excessive damage to the lips. The skin on the lips is delicate and peeling, forcibly or not, can cause it to lose more moisture, with the added disadvantage of damaging it, which can lead to bleeding.
As difficult as it may be to address winter dry skin issues, it can be easy if you use the appropriate tools and methods with the right frequency and consistency. Despite the cost involved, investing in a humidifier in winter is a good option. If you feel that the situation is getting out of control due to the skin’s slow healing, don’t hesitate to seek advice from a dermatologist.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions in the article are for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or nutritionist before starting any fitness program or making changes to your diet.
Get the latest health news, healthy eating, weight loss, yoga and fitness tips, and more updates on Times Now