Healthy living may mean different things to different people, but it cannot be denied that many swear by certain traditional teachings or nuskhe that have been tried and tested. From preparation to storage, family secrets that have been passed down for generations always ensure healthier alternatives.
An important reminder of why it is always a good idea to fall back on traditional practices and habits, Nutritionist Lavleen Kaur has published an Instagram update in which the “Top 10 tips, insights, habits and remedies that I have put together from the treasure of their (great-grandmother and mother)” are listed together with a picture with them.
* Use Sil Batta (grinding stone) instead of grinders / mixers to make spices and chutneys for real flavor
* Drink up the water mother (Clay pot) instead of refrigerator
* Dedicate some space for the kitchen garden and grow your own herbs and spices
* Malai and Makhan for dry skin and natural glow instead of chemicals
* Ajwain (caramel seeds), lemon and rock salt over antacids for acidity
* Store legumes and legumes with bay leaves so they don’t go bad
* Using leftover dal / sabzi when kneading dough for rotis
* Ghee sugar choori (if you are in the mood for sugar)
* Jaggery Balls Recipe (Ghee + Jaggery + Caramel Seeds + Cumin + Ginger Powder) for irregular periods
* Family dining and the habit of gratitude
She also shared some ways to fight the acid.
* Sip soaked overnight Chia seeds Water all day
* Saunf and jaggery after meals
* Chew slowly. Do not take the next bite until you have completely eaten the previous one.
📣 For more lifestyle news, follow us on Instagram | Twitter | Facebook and don’t miss the latest updates!