Diabetes: Ayurveda Skilled Shares Easy Suggestions To Management Blood Sugar In Simply 15 Days | Well being
The consequences of uncontrolled blood sugar levels in diabetic patients can be disastrous, and the disease can silently affect almost all of your organs, causing the most vulnerable and life-threatening diseases. However, by keeping your sugar levels under control, you can offset many of these risks and help you live a healthy and long life. (Also read: Best and Worst Breakfast Choices for People With Diabetes)
Diabetes medication aside, tweaking your lifestyle a bit and steering it in a healthy direction could help you control your sugar levels effectively. A sedentary lifestyle must be avoided at all costs, apart from the unhealthy snacks one eats mindlessly. Eating dinner early and going to bed on time are among the factors that can do wonders for your glucose levels.
dr In her latest Instagram post, Dixa Bhavsar talks about some home remedies that could help one control blood sugar levels in just 15 days.
* Amla, Turmeric, Lauki Moringa Soup
Ayurveda expert says daily intake of amla and turmeric could help diabetic patients. She also recommends drinking lauki moringa soup every other day or twice a week for breakfast or dinner.
* Limit fried foods, sugar, replace your flour
dr Bhavsar suggests limiting sugar, cottage cheese, fried foods, fermented foods and white flour. Besan, ragi, and jowar flour in meals can be healthy additions or substitutes.
* Sit in Vajrasana after meals to control your blood sugar levels.
Sitting in Vajrasana after meals in Charity (Grandmaster Akshar)
* Fruit and vegetables
Having more vegetables like palak, methi, lauki, tomato, karela, moringa, and fruits like jamun, apple, amla, papaya, pomegranate, papaya, and kiwi might help.
* Yoga for diabetes
dr Bhavsar says yogasanas like Mandukasana, Shashankasana, Bhujangasana, Balasana, and Dhanurasana must be practiced by diabetic patients, while pranayamas like Kapalbhati and Anuloma-Viloma are also beneficial for controlling blood sugar levels.
* While walking at least 5,000 steps a day is considered good, 10,000 steps is best.
Things to remember
Amla Recommended by Ayurveda for Overall Health Benefits (Pinterest)
– Amla Turmeric Blend: Mix 1 tsp Amla and 1 tsp Turmeric and drink one hour before meals.
– Keep your dinner light like Besan/Ragi/Vegetable Chila, Vegetable Soup, Lentil Soup.
– Spend 20 minutes in the sun before 9am.
– Practice yoga and pranayamas for at least 45 minutes daily.
– Consume Guduchi, Giloy, Ghan Vati juice/powder/decoction daily.
dr Bhavsar advises avoiding these things if you are prediabetic or diabetic
1. Sedentary Life: Regular 40-minute exercise such as walking, cycling, cardio or yoga and 20-minute breathing exercises (pranayama) are mandatory. Keeping active and not sedentary is imperative if you want to prevent or treat diabetes.
“Staying active keeps your blood circulation optimal, supplies every single body cell with sufficient oxygen, promotes optimal detoxification of the liver and helps with the correct release of insulin,” says the Ayurveda expert.
2. Avoid white sugar, maida or processed foods, cottage cheese and gluten
Sugar and processed foods can kill people with diabetes (Shutterstock)
dr Bhavsar suggests eating natural sugars found in fruits and vegetables. People with diabetes can also consume cow’s milk and ghee in moderation. Millet like Jowar, Ragi, Amaranth are recommended.
3. Late dinner
Eating dinner early is one of the easiest ways to lower your sugar levels and risk of cardiovascular disease.
It is best to have dinner before sunset, if and whenever possible. If the work schedule does not allow it, it is best to have dinner before 8 p.m.
4. Sleep right after meals
Daytime sleep is strictly forbidden for people with high sugar levels. Daytime sleep increases the kapha dosha in the body and must be avoided if you have diabetes or madhumeha as it is considered a kapha disease in Ayurveda and can lead to high blood sugar levels and must be avoided. The best time for diabetics to sleep is 3-4 hours after dinner.
Follow more stories on Facebook and Twitter