Cutting your hair isn’t always the solution. Here are two home remedies to help you get rid of split ends and dry ends of your hair. Find out more
Depending on the texture of your hair, it tends to form a feather-like tip by parting the hair shafts. These are called split ends and often tend to stop your hair from growing if you don’t take care of it properly. The golden question here is – why do we get split ends? It’s when you stop or don’t take care of your hair properly. It usually occurs on dry, malnourished hair where the scalp’s natural oils cannot reach the tips. Excessive heat styling, sun exposure, and hot water can worsen the condition. One of the best tips to keep in mind is to make sure your hair is well hydrated so it doesn’t split.
Egg yolk is one of the best sources of protein and is also great when applied topically. It gives your hair the protein it needs. To improve the remedy, you can even add your favorite oils to the mixture. This provides nourishment while also locking in the moisture to avoid dry ends.
Everything you need:
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl to get a smooth paste.
2. Start by applying it to the hair shafts and slowly moving up to the scalp.
3. Leave the hair pack on for 20 minutes and rinse with normal water.
4. Shampoo and condition your hair as you normally would.
Aloe vera has antibacterial properties that aid in healing, making it a perfect ingredient for dealing with dry and split ends. It also helps in removing the dry and dead cells from the scalp to promote hair growth.
Everything you need:
2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 vitamin E capsule
1. Mix the aloe gel and coconut oil in a bowl to get a smooth mixture.
2. Now pierce a vitamin E capsule to extract the oils in the mixture.
3. Religiously apply it to the lengths of hair and move upwards.
4. Leave on for 40 minutes or overnight, followed by your usual shampoo and conditioning routine.
More fashion & beauty updates: Follow @pinkvillafashion
Also Read: 5 Essential Oils To Add To Your Skincare For Spring
x Your comment has been sent to the moderation queue